Saturday, January 14, 2012

Joplin Teachers

Deedee Wills was contacted by a kindergarten teacher from Joplin, Missouri.  Here is the email she received:

I teach in Joplin, which made worldwide news last May when our town was cut in half by an F5 tornado.  Many of our elementary schools were destroyed or damaged, and as teachers, we have had a roller coaster year.  I came from a meeting yesterday where many are struggling with the weight of all we are dealing with.  My request is this:  would you be willing to donate a created pack of your choosing to give away at a drawing at our upcoming district Kindergarten grade level meeting?  The meeting is Monday and I am sorry for the short notice but I did not realize until the meeting how down everyone is feeling. 



My heart has been breaking thinking of how challenging life must be for Joplin teachers, students, and their community.  I was wanting to help, but I have yet to create a complete unit to send.  I woke up this morning still thinking about the Joplin teachers and stopped by Deedee's blog again.  The response has been amazing, and Deedee reminded us that we can send gift certificates to Teachers Pay Teachers!  So while I don't have a unit to send, I was still able to send some love to Joplin!  Deedee is checking into other options for us to help out the Joplin teachers with needs they may have.  I know she will keep us all posted!

So here's what you can do to help our fellow teachers in Joplin:
  1. Send a product you have created or send a Teachers Pay Teachers gift certificate to Erica at  edoennig@joplin.k12.mo.us
  2. Link up with Deedee

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...