Sunday, March 11, 2012

St. Patty's Day Poem and Freebies

Our Dr. Seuss shared reading was such a hit that I decided to create one for St. Patrick's Day. 

 


Here is the pocket chart version:



I also made a student version:



If you download them, leave me some feedback and let me know, do you prefer Google Docs embedded in the post, or just a screen shot with link?  The embedded documents make posts seem ridiculously long sometimes, but if that doesn't bother anyone, embed I will!

I'm looking forward to some good ol' leprechaun mischief this week.  We will continue to work on inferring with a week long leprechaun hunt that focuses on setting.  This will be tricky, because the big kids are taking state tests again this week and we have to be SO quiet.  I'm thinking I need to come up with a backup set of clues so that if the weather is nice we can do a bit of hunting outside!

We will use adjectives to describe our sneaky friend and write about what it would be like to be a leprechaun.  We also have lots of St. Patty's Day math and literacy work stations.  

My bloggy goal for the week is to remember to take pictures throughout the week so I can share our fun.  Wish me LUCK with that one :)

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Thank you!! I like the embedded doc. This is perfect for my class next week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for sharing, and free!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...