Friday, June 14, 2013

My First Ever Five for Friday!

fiveforfriday

I'm so excited to be linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for Five for Friday!  I love reading everyone's Five for Friday posts.  It's my Friday evening thing when I get home!

1.
Space Suits

I started my Space Across the Curriculum classes at the Space Foundation this week.  What an amazing week, but I am totally exhausted, like first week of school beat!  These space suits are just one of the amazing artifact displays I get to walk by every morning on my way to class.

2.
Space on the Sphere

Science on the Sphere is absolutely the most amazing thing I have seen in a really long time!  The picture doesn't do it justice.  It is a giant sphere suspended in the center of the room.  Three projectors simultaneously project data from NOAA onto the sphere as it rotates.  Over the course of the week we ran data sets on numerous weather and climate patterns and examined the Sun and Sun spots.
You can find out more about Science on a Sphere here.

3. 
Preparing to view Sun Spots
We used telescopes, with Sun filters of course, to view the Sun. 

4.
Field Trip to NOAA
We loaded up in 15 passenger vans and traveled to NOAA for field trip.

5.
NOAA Meteorologist preparing severe weather alert for Black Forest Fire

While we were in Boulder, the Black Forest Fire was raging back at home.  On our tour we saw a NOAA meteorologist preparing a severe weather alert for high fire danger areas.
Please keep our community in your thoughts and prayers!  Last summer the northwest area was ravaged by the Waldo Canyon Fire, and one year later firefighters from all over the country are here again battling the Black Forest Fire, which has consumed 2 lives, 15,500 acres and 419 homes.  We had some rain today, which lowered the temperature and allowed the firefighters to reach 30% containment!


post signature Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Your week at the Space Foundation sounds unbelievable! What an incredible experience! I am so sorry about all the turmoil your community is going through right now. You are in my thoughts and prayers! I am so glad you joined this week's linky so I could find your blog. I am happy to be a new follower. I look forward to reading about more of your teaching adventures.
    -Jaime
    Bright Concepts 4 Teachers

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great week you've had! You are so lucky! I found you through Five for Friday. I am also a 4th grade teacher and your follower #131. Have a great weekend!

    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...